With the current COVID-19 situation, the Canadian Tollycruisers are not hosting our traditional Tollycruisers Rendezvous this year.
However with B.C. in Phase 3, we have decided instead, to hold an informal Social Distancing Tollycruisers Get Together from September 3-6 at Telegraph Harbour.
Some changes are required in order to ensure social distancing and follow the provincial government requirements:
- We are not doing pre-registration. Instead, once you have contacted Telegraph Harbour to reserve your moorage (250-246-9511 – please tell them you are with the Tollycruisers), please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you plan to attend.
- For our American Tollys, please wait until the border is officially open before reserving your moorage. [fingers crossed!!!]
- In lieu of a registration fee, we are asking for donations upon arrival to offset costs. The suggested donation is $20 and we welcome what you feel comfortable giving.
- We are working on incorporating some of your favourite traditions like early bird margarita night (bring your own margaritas), poker run, bingo, boat hop and more.
- Some traditions postponed for this year include corn shucking, a catered dinner and pot-lucks.
- And new this year is a 60s music trivia contest – time to listen to those oldies in your record collection!
- This year’s theme was scheduled to be Vikings. With the changes and anticipated smaller numbers, we expect to see fewer vikings and that’s okay – we encourage everyone to do what makes them comfortable.
- And we have a few more ideas up our sleeves to make sure everyone has fun!
- Basically, we’re looking forward to seeing Tolly friends, new and old, to enjoy a weekend of fun and laughter (socially distanced of course).
Please note the above is dependent upon B.C. continuing to flatten the curve. If the province returns to Phase 2 and non-essential travel is discouraged, we may need to cancel altogether.
Stay safe and we hope to see you in September!