A Totally Tubular ’80s Tollycraft Rendezvous
Whether this is your first Tollycraft Rendezvous or your 30th…here’s the information you need for the 2022 Canadian Tollycruisers Rendezvous.
The Rendezvous Theme – A Totally Tubular ’80s Tollycraft Rendezvous
The 2022 Tollycruisers Rendezvous theme is the decade of neon, leg warmers, hair bands – the 1980s! Many of the events/decorations/games taking place during the weekend will feature this theme.
You can join in the theme by:
- Decorating your boat
- Dressing the part for our ’80s themed dinners
- If your pet is attending the Rendezvous, be sure to include an ’80s themed outfit for our Pet Parade
Many Tollycruisers are known to celebrate the theme all weekend long. Prizes for best costume and decorated Tollycraft announced Saturday night.
See all the the registration details and complete your registration online!
- June 15: Deadline to register AND be entered in the draw for a new Tollycruisers burgee.
- August 2: Deadline to register (and get all the goodies and food)
The deadline for ordering plaques is August 2 and they are not available in the late registration period.
(as of May 12)
- BellElaff II (1989 Tolly 44)
- Delfin (1990 Tolly 60) 🆕
- Destiny (1989 Tolly 34) 🇺🇸
- The Dog House (1992 Tolly 45)
- Emily Marie (1990 Tolly 39)
- Kona Kai (1978 Tolly 40)
- Salubrious (1977 Tolly 48)
- Saunter (1976 Tolly 26)
- Shiloh (1978 Tolly 37)
The Tollycruisers Rendezvous is known for some fun food events! And we’re bringing back a couple of favourites for 2022!
- Margarita Night (Friday) ⛴️ Start the weekend with a margarita (or two) on the docks. Donations of tequila and/or mix are appreciated.
- Appy Pot Luck (Friday) ⛴️ Bringing this one back for 2022. Bring your favourite ’80s appetizer to share as we enjoy an appy dinner on the docks.
- Cook-off AND Burger Lunch (Saturday) ⛴️ Here’s another returnee to the Tollycruisers Rendezvous – the Cook-Off! For 2022, we’ll supply a box of Rice-A-Roni and you’ll come up with your best side dish to enjoy with our burger lunch! And there’s a prize for the best side dish. Burger lunch is an optional add-on at registration.
- Ribs and Corn Dinner – Bring your meat/protein to cook on the BBQs and we’ll supply fresh BC corn on the cob (you do have to help shuck it though)
- Pancake Breakfast (Saturday) ⛴️ Blueberry pancakes are a Tollycruisers long-time tradition. Served with the usual breakfast sides.
- 1980s Gala Potluck ⛴️ The 1980s and dinner parties go hand in hand. So bring a favourite (or brand-new) 1980s themed dinner or dessert offering to share during our gala potluck
Please bring your own plates, utensils, glasses, etc. to all events.
Moorage at Telegraph Harbour (Thetis Island)
The Canadian Tollycruisers have secured a block of slips at Telegraph Harbour for participants of the 2022 Tollycraft 🍁 Rendezvous. After you complete your registration for the Rendezvous, your confirmation email will include complete details, including our special code, for reserving your slip.
Volunteers make our Rendezvous great! A couple hours (or so) of help ensures everyone has a wonderful experience.
Please select your volunteer preferences when you register. Once registration is complete, a volunteer schedule will be sent so you can plan your weekend.
- Morning Coffee ⛴️ Friday, Saturday, Monday
- Burger Lunch ⛴️ Saturday
- 50/50 and raffle ticket sales ⛴️ Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Tollycraft SWAG Sale Store ⛴️ Saturday, Sunday
- Photography ⛴️ Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday
- Set-Up ⛴️ Thursday, Friday and as needed throughout the weekend
- Tear Down ⛴️ Monday
- Pancake Breakfast ⛴️ Sunday
- Games & Activities ⛴️ Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Check-In ⛴️ Thursday, Friday
First Time (or first time in a while) attending a Tollycruisers Rendezvous?
All first time Rendezvous participants, new Tollycruisers members and anyone attending after being away for a while are invited to a meet & greet on Friday afternoon (see schedule for time).
This is your chance to meet other newcomers and ask any questions you may have and start the fun of Rendezvous weekend.
Games & Events
Pet Parade: It’s back!!! If you have a Tolly pet on board, you’ll want to take part in the pet parade. Prize for the pet that best represents the 1980s theme.
Dinghy Parade: Join the rest of the Tollycraft Brat Pack Sunday afternoon for a dinghy parade. This year we’ll have an ’80s playlist on the boom box and make our way around both marinas before rafting up for a group photo.
Games and Activities: Throughout the weekend there will be 50/50 draws, various games for all ages, and other activities – check out the agenda at tollycruisers.ca. Please make sure to bring cash with you for the various events.
Marine Swap Meet: Do you have some boating items taking up valuable space on your Tolly or in your garage. Then bring them to sell at our Marine Swap Meet on Sunday from 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. at the foot of the ramp.
Tollycraft SWAG Sale: We’ll have some new Tollycraft merchandise available for sale, including the special edition t-shirt designed by our very own Maria Posehn (Hat Trick). Canadian $$ please – cash only.
Cook-off: It’s back!! And for 2022 we’ll celebrate “Rice-A-Roni: A San Francisco Treat”. When you register for the Rendezvous, please indicate if you plan to take part in the cook-off. We’ll then supply a box of the original Rice-A-Roni and you’ll create an ’80s themed and yummy side-dish for our burger lunch. Judges will select the winner.
Then and Now Photo Contest: When you register, please upload a photos of yourself and your crew from the ’80s. During the Rendezvous there will be a contest to see who can guess the most names correctly. (You can also email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org)
If our Tollycraft Rendezvous Information didn’t answer all your questions, please email email@example.com.